Here are some resources and blog posts from my fellow Technical Evangelists here in East Region:
- Jim O’Neil has a couple of apps you should check out, Word Guesser and Tablet Letter Pro. He’s also got a reminder that Boston Code Camp is just around the corner. Last, but not least, he’s opened the source for his Letterman game, so you can now use it as a starting point for your own Construct 2 game development.
- Joe Healy also has some apps to check out from Florida-based developers.
- Diego Rivera shares some apps, including a neat game called Chubsee. He’s also found a nice Channel 9 series on app development for beginners using C#. He’s also published a couple of new Construct 2 games, specifically for Halloween.
- A reminder that if you’re a game developer (or want to be) and you’re not following Jesse Freeman‘s Dev Diary, you are missing out. Here’s his latest weekly recap.
- Maria Naggaga has resources for app beginners, leveraging App Studio. See part 1 and part 2.
- James Quick is also a fan of App Studio, shares his Developer of the Week, Craig Simon, and shares a good app for South Floridians, Miami Beach View.
- Bob Familiar shares a webcast series on Practical Azure for IT Pros. The first webcast is already underway, but there are several more in the coming weeks.
- Blain Barton has a Step-by-step guide for creating an Oracle DB on Windows Server 2012 in Windows Azure. He also shares a free ebook, “Introducing Windows Azure for IT Professionals.”
- Dan Stolts notes the announcement of a big security authorization milestone for Windows Azure.
- Tommy Patterson has a complete rundown on his team’s 34-part series of articles comparing VMWare and Hyper-V.
That’s all I’ve got for this week. I’ll have more next week…