Weekly East Region Roundup: Vol. 8
Here are some resources and blog posts from my fellow Technical Evangelists here in East Region:
- First up this week is James Quick. First, James shares his Developer of the Week, Nathalie Goh-Livorness, and her app Baby's First Piano. James also has news of an ongoing Nokia promotion for phone devs, as well as part 3 and part 4 of his series "Quick" Tips for Gamemaker.
- Jim O'Neil has had a busy week. After noting the trade-in promotion that can net you up to $350 for trading in your iDevice for a Surface, Jim decided to pull up stakes, and move his blog. Jim's new digs are at http://codocent.com, and in his first post, explains the new name. Last, but not least, Jim has word of a Game Development Workshop this weekend for Hartford area devs (BTW – if you're in the DC area, please join us for our own Game Dev Workshop in Reston on Saturday).
- Jesse Freeman has built a mini-arcade machine using an 8" Windows 8 tablet. And a reminder...if you're into game development, you should definitely be following Jesse's Dev Diary. His latest weekly recap is here.
- Diego Rivera shares 5 short videos (40 minutes combined) that walk you through creating your first game using Construct 2.
- Stacey Mulcahey has published part 2 of her series, Developers Guide to Marketing an App, discussing how to create great app descriptions that drive downloads.
- Bob Hunt has some resources from his recent IT Camp. If you attended and are looking for the deck and hands on lab, or if you weren't able to make it, you can grab them here.
- Dan Stolts has published an 8-part (with another part coming soon) hands-on-lab that will help you learn to build a SharePoint Dev-Test farm in the cloud using Windows Azure.
- Blain Barton shares an announcement about Microsoft and Oracle and the cloud. He's also got a list of upcoming Windows Azure events in Florida for Oct/Nov.