As promised, I wanted to share pointers to some additional recorded sessions from BUILD that you may find useful, as well as a link to the sample Canvas Paint app that I used for my demos. If you’re interested in getting the additional tweaks I added to the sample to support persisting the brush color and size, etc. please drop me a note via my contact page, and I will be happy to share it.
Additional Related BUILD Sessions:
- APP-476T Code with confidence: dynamic web content in Metro style apps using HTML5
- APP-512T The web-to-Windows journey: turning your web assets into a Windows app
- APP-929T Best practices for writing safe and secure Metro style apps using HTML5
- PLAT-475T Create experiences that span devices
- APP-162T Building high performance Metro style apps using HTML5
and the presentation on which my talk tonight was based:
Both presentations feature some of the best presenters from BUILD. Enjoy!
Canvas Paint Sample App
The Canvas Paint sample app, along with many other samples and demos, may be downloaded from the Samples area for Windows 8. The direct link to the Canvas Paint sample is:
Note that you can browse the code directly online, or download the sample and run it locally (if you have installed the Windows 8 developer preview).